Elections - District and Parish
|Parish||Number of Councillors to be elected|
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ on any day from the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 10 am to 4 pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2023.
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ, during the times stated above.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2023.
- Applications to register to vote at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 17th April 2023. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- 5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2023.
- Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector’s Document valid for this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday 25th April 2023. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate.
- 7. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2023.
- 8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Wallfields, Pegs Lane, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8EQ by
5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2023.
Dated: Wednesday 22nd March 2023
Have Your Say on the Stanstead Abbotts and St Margarets Neighbourhood Plan
Welcome to the Stanstead Abbotts Parish Council website.
This site has been developed to give the residents of Stanstead Abbotts greater access to their Parish Council.
We hope to regularly update these pages to communicate what the Parish Council wishes to achieve throughout the year and what progress is being made on any current projects or issues which have been raised.
For the locations and times of Parish Council meetings please refer to the individual agendas.
Parish Council Meeting Thursday 9th February @ 7.45pm
Maintenance and Traffic Committee Meeting Monday 20th February @ 12 noon
Finance and Policy Meeting Wednesday 1st March @ 7.30pm
Access to Information
We have already incorporated an archive of the Parish Council minutes from meetings January 2018 onwards and will continue to upload the latest dates and minutes from all the Parish Council meetings onto this site.
We will use the News and Events column to keep you informed about local information and other items which we think are important for you to know. The column will also carry details about what’s happening in the area and we encourage the organisers of events to let us know, using the contact form, so we can provide further publicity for your activities.
Who are we?
For a detailed list of all current members, please visit the councillors page.
What Do the Parish Council Do?
• The Parish Council regularly meet to discuss local issues
• Support and encourage ongoing community engagement initiatives
• Maintain devolved assets at a local level
• Support the economic diversity and prosperity of the village
• Review planning applications and make comment as appropriate
Documents from the public meeting on the proposed Quarry
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .docx. .pdf. Request an accessible format.